From Free Software Community of India
How to add Klettres support to your language
- Create a file named sounds.xml.
- Here is a smple XML. Lets see how this is created.
<klettres> <language code="cs"> <menuitem> <label>&Czech</label> </menuitem> <alphabet> <sound name="A" file="cs/alpha/a.ogg" /> ... </alphabet> <syllables> <sound name="BA" file="cs/syllab/ba.ogg" /> ... </syllables> </language> </klettres>
- Instead of "cs" mentioned in the <language code="cs"> in the xml change it to your language. For example "ml" for malayalam.
- Create 2 directories named "alpha" and "syllab".
- Record the sounds of alphabets of your language in ogg format and save it in directory alpha(Please note that the duration of an alphabet for recording should be in the range 1.5 to 2 seconds).
- Record the syllables of your language in ogg format and save it in the syllab directory(Please note that the duration of an alphabet for recording should be in the range 1.5 to 2 seconds).
- For each sound that you had added in the corresponding directories please do add a line in the sounds.xml
- For example first start with alphabets. Lets take the example of language English:
<alphabet> <sound name="A" file="cs/alpha/a.ogg" /> <sound name="B" file="cs/alpha/b.ogg" /> . . . <sound name="Z" file="cs/alpha/z.ogg" /> </alphabet>
- Similarly create the syllables.
<syllables> <sound name="BA" file="cs/syllab/ba.ogg" /> <sound name="AW" file="cs/syllab/aw.ogg" /> . . . </syllables>
- Finally test your sounds. Mapp the sound name with the alphabet/syllable in the sounds.xml.
- Hand over the 2 sound directories(alpha and syllab) and sounds.xml to the developer of Klettres (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The developer will accept your files and test it. And if the developer is satisfied with your work, your files get into the kde svn.
- Now you become a contributor to Klettres.